Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Sunday Resting Up and Catching Up

We love sleeping in on Sundays (actually we love sleeping in every day)!
Mommy, what'd you wake me up for?
While I try to go back to sleep, Mommy you need to do some more catching up this Sunday since you once again are a slacker!
************************************************
Okay, Mom bean here! I need to take some time and recognize some wonderful bloggers who gave me awards or tagged me recently.

Beadin by the Sea tagged me a few weeks ago but it's taken me that long to figure out what to say! She is a very talented jewelry designer who recently moved from my home state of Kansas to my new neck of the woods - the Pacific Northwest. I'm supposed to give six random things about myself but I don't really know what to say but here it goes anyway!

1) I was named from a piece of mail. My mom and dad had a name already picked out for me but my dad worked in the post office and one day he saw the name Sharla on a piece of mail so went home and told my mom and hence, I am now Sharla and not someone else!

2) I am terrified of snakes but have had a python on my shoulders. When I was around 10 or so I was at one of those sportsmans/outdoor adventure type shows and they were letting people put a python on their shoulders and then taking their picture. I have no idea how this became a good idea but I did it. I nearly passed out from fear while the guy left the snake on me while my dad paid for the picture. Not one of my most favorite moments!

3) I've bottle fed a tiger. In Colorado there is a furniture store that used tigers in their commercials and they brought "baby" tigers to their Fort Collins store for, once again, people to pay to have their pictures taken with them. My husband and I did this and the "baby" was so big it fit across both of our laps. I bottle fed the tiger while our picture was taken and right before it scratched me!

4) I cannot stand to touch a fish. I will touch worms and minnows but never, ever will I touch a fish! Ewww!

5) I can understand Spanish but can't speak it very well. Not sure why I have a mental block when it comes to saying the words but I can understand the majority of what I hear.

6) I love HGTV! What can I say?

If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged!
************************************************
Now onto the awards...
Tialey Vintage Clothing and Split Rock Ranch Llamas nominated me for the Lemonade award. Both of these blogs have become my must visits on Entrecard so be sure to check them out! Thank you both so much for passing this award to me!
Cindy from Sew Happy Designs is a fellow Etsy Angels and Pluggers United team mate and just an all around wonderful person! She has a great sense of humor and she never fails to make me smile! She awarded me the Sisterhood award and I'm honored to receive it! Thank you sew much Cindy!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

How unfair of you guys to sleep while your mom has so much to do!


Umm....but that does look like a good idea...

The Florida Furkids said...

Sleeping is a pretty good way to pass the day. As for #4....send the fish our way, we'll be happy to touch them!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Jodi's Book Reviews said...

We are lazy too today. We are glad you got awards, how pretty they are, congratulations.

Unknown said...

Oh I am with you on the snake thing Sharla. Hey I named my daughter after a St. Bernard, lol! Congratulations on your well deserved awards. I hope you and the furbabies have a wonderful Sunday. God bless.

Jodi

The Army of Four said...

Just reading about the python creeped my mom out. Ha roo roo roo!
Play bows
Zim
PS: Congrats on the awards!!!

Mishkat said...

These are the best photos! And I liked your random facts. Sharla is such a pretty name.

(I was named after Katharine Hepburn, although my parents changed the spelling. My mother still insists on calling me Kate...)

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

Wow! You bottle fed a tiger and the cats look so cozy. oh to be a cat.

Hot Rocks said...

Congratulations on your awards! Wow, bottle feeding a tiger is cool! I LOVE HGTV as well!!! Lol!!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Cute furbabies!! I'm also an HGTV addict!

tahtimbo said...

Congratulations on your awards! My daughters would have loved to have the snake on them. I'm about the same way with Spanish, I can read and understand some, but speaking it...not to good. Have a nice, lazy Sunday:)

Unknown said...

Wish I could've slept in this morning, but I had lots of work to do on my shop!!! :)

Thanks for your compliment on my blog...I hope they sell, too! :)

Hugs,
Abby

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Tank woo fur sharing!

Khongrats on the awards!

AND napping is always a WINNER!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Karen and Gerard said...

Congratulations on your awards! I love your blog too.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That would be SO cool to feed a tiger!

PurrPrints said...

Congrats on the awards--and I have to say I'm puzzled as to why you could touch minnows but not other fish ;)

Anonymous said...

http://articlepaw.blogspot.com/2008/10/some-snakes-that-can-be-house-pet.html

HeHeHeHeHeHe...

x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0